Monday, May 16, 2016

Yogi Spotlight Series - S. Renee W.

S. Renee W.

Instagram ID: IAmReneeWatkins
Location: Nashville, TN
Occupation:  Healthcare Claims Representative, Yoga Instructor










Renee is a college grad, mom, model and model trainer. 
She designs clothes, is an avid community activist, does hair, and is a self proclaimed nerd.  When she's not at her 9-5, teaching yoga, or cleaning boogers she's probably in her room painting or drawing something. It’s just another way for her to feel free.

Renee was one of my first yogi inspirations I found scrolling through Instagram and I am so excited about spotlighting her on the blog.



Yoga is life, love, sanity ~ S. Renee W.


 How long have you been practicing yoga? 
Almost 3 years as of July 1st 2016.

What type of yoga do you practice? 
I practice vinyasa flow, yin, and power flow.

Do you attend classes or are you self-taught?
  I started out teaching myself but ended up going through the 200 hour ytt program at Kali Yuga Yoga in Nashville.

How often do you practice? 
I practice EVERYDAY! 








What sparked your interest in yoga? 
My modeling coach told me to stop going to the gym and try yoga or pilates, I chose yoga because it seemed easier… ha WRONG but the peace it gave me forced me to stick with it.


What have you learned throughout your journey? 
 I learned how to control my thoughts and emotions with yoga and also to be a better/nicer person.



   





What do you find most challenging in your practice? The most challenging part is getting people to understand that yoga is more than just physical.





Do you feel yoga is more mental or physical? 
It’s more mental. The physical aspect of it alone would not necessarily be yoga...thats what you have gymnastics and dance for.




What keeps you motivated throughout your practice? 
The peace and calm your breath provides motivates me.






What has yoga taught you? 
Yoga has taught me the importance of love.




Do you have any fellow yogi inspirations? 
@bendi.locs and @cat_shanti





What is your favorite quote? 
"Aspire to be an inspiration.” 






Thought for life: 

Each day strive to be the light in a world full of darkness and negativity because it is too easy for you to talk about the bad and ignore the good. So each day of your life find a reason to smile IN EVERYTHING YOU DO!





Thanks for sharing Renee!
Contact Renee:

 Email: rwyoga@hotmail.com
Website: www.rwyoga.com
Social Media Platforms:   add her everywhere under @IAmReneeWatkins


Comment, Share, and Follow us on Instagram @blackgirlyoga

Edited by Vanessa L.

No comments:

Post a Comment